Sn0wbreeze allows you to create a custom firmware to jailbreak iOS 5.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch and iPad. The custom firmware will preserves the previous iOS basebands to remain unlocked state. This jailbreak method recommended for iPhone UltraSn0w/ Gevey SIM unlockers jailbreaking their device.
Let’s download sn0wbreeze and jailbreak 5.1 iOS firmware with Sn0wbreeze…
You can jailbreak the follow devices with Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2 on iOS 5.1:
- iPhone 4 (Tethered)
- iPhone 3GS: New bootrom (tethered), Old bootrom (untethered)
- iPod Touch 4G, 3G (Tethered)
- iPad 1 (Tethered)
*** No A5-Device supported (iPhone 4S, iPad 2)
How to preserves baseband for Jailbreak iOS 5.1 with Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2
First, you need to:
Then connect your A4 idevice to iTunes and backup your personal stuff
The More steps below:
Step 1: Launch Sn0wBreeze.exe. Hit Ok, Close Credits and then hit the next button.
Step 2: Click the Browse button and select the iOS 5.1 IPSW file for your iDevice that you downloaded in above links. Sn0wBreeze will identify the IPSW firmware file. Then tap on the Next button.
Step 3: Select the Expert Mode -> Next;
Select General -> Next;
Make your desired choices, then keep hitting Next until you’re back to the screen where you selected General.
Step 4: Select the Build IPSW -> Next.
Sn0wBreeze 2.9.2 will start building custom iOS 5.1 firmware to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Sno0wbreeze offers you the choice to play PacMac during the IPSW building process or stick with the Spinner.
Once Done! Click the OK button. (Custom firmware 5.1 can be found on desktop along with an iBooty folder)
Step 5: Now follow the on screen Sn0wBreeze instructions *important* to put your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into Pwned DFU state NOT the simple DFU mode.
Hold Power + Home buttons for 10 seconds
Now release the Power button but keep holding the Home button for 10-30 more seconds
Sn0wBreeze will prompt you once you’re into Pwned DFU state. Your device should now be in DFU mode.
Step 6: Restore your device with iTunes
Run iTunes, Hold down the Shift/Option key and hit the Restore button.
Browse and select the custom firmware that we just created, from the desktop.
iTunes will start restoring iOS 5.1 on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. Once done, your iPhone, ipad or iPod Touch will be running iOS 5.1 jailbroken tethered.
The tethered jailbreak means that you’ll need to connect your device to computer everytime it reboots. You’ll need to do a tethered boot.
- On your desktop, there’ll be a new folder named iBooty. Open the folder and run the iBooty.exe.
- Select your device from the drop down menu (bottom-right) and hit the start button.
- Follow the on screen instructions to put your iDevice into DFU mode.
- Hold Power + Home buttons for 10 seconds.
- Now release the Power button but keep holding the Home button for 10-30 more seconds
- Your device should now be in DFU mode
- Once you’re into DFU mode, iBooty will do the rest and your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will boot into jailbroken state!