This year’s WWDC date have been determined, Apple will release iOS 6? Let us forget this, because iOS 5.1.1 firmware just released by Apple today. iOS 5.1.1 IPSW firmware is now available for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad and iPod Touch for download. iOS 5.1.1 brings more improvements and bug fixes.
iOS 5.1.1 fixed the Mobile Safari security issues for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, the iPod touch (generation 3 and later), iPad, iPad 2. iOS device users can update iOS 5.1.1 to fix this issue and other two WebKit vulnerabilities.
The following is the change-log:
What’s new in iOS 5.1.1:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
Now you can update your iDevices to iOS 5.1.1 via iTunes or over-the-air update, 5.1.1 just 47.3 MB. Or you can directly download iOS 5.1.1 from the below links.
To install the new firmware, please connect the device to iTunes with USB cable on your computer, and then click “Check for updates”; or directly on the device to enter the “Settings> General> Software Update to update.
iOS 5.1.1 IPSW Firmware direct download links:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad (3G)
- iPad 3,3 (Verizon)
- iPad 3,2 (AT&T)
- iPad 2 (iPad 2 AT&T/iPad 2 Verizon)
- iPad 2,4
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPod Touch 3G